Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2020, 07:52 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Not SL. But based on what I know as true examples

1) normal teacher, non scholar got promoted to GEO5 during her NPL( take care of ailing parent)
I felt her promotion was Long overdue as she should be a high CEP officer.

2) cep shouldn’t be affected by just one NPL.

3) had colleagues who are KP. Also not promoted to GEO5 despite being KPs. Being a KP doesn’t mean your chance of promotion is increased

4) had a colleague after 2 NPL breaks ( extended after each maternity) . Got promoted to GEO5 after her second NPL. Then became KP.

Promotion is dependent on performance and CEP.

All above examples are non scholars and around the same age range and years in service.( +-3yrs)

1) normal teacher, non scholar got promoted to GEO5 during her NPL( take care of ailing parent)
I felt her promotion was Long overdue as she should be a high CEP officer. - Depends on circumstances. Will need more info to give a proper opinion.

2) cep shouldn’t be affected by just one NPL. - it depends whether the P/VP/RO is a nice/horrid person. A couple of P's names come to mind.

3) had colleagues who are KP. Also not promoted to GEO5 despite being KPs. Being a KP doesn’t mean your chance of promotion is increased. - This is where I agree. There are a combination of reasons for this. Sometimes you are acting/covering, MOE side will not acknowledge. Or if your P decided not to put u up for promotion... could other factors too, favouritism?

4) had a colleague after 2 NPL breaks ( extended after each maternity) . Got promoted to GEO5 after her second NPL. Then became KP. - refer to my comment for pt. 3.

Promotion is dependent on performance and CEP. Yes and No - P liking you is also a factor... in fact, very impt. they like you, they can raise your CEP, Perf grade to a high level. There are times I feel we need to have undercover bosses in schools to check these people.

All above examples are non scholars and around the same age range and years in service.( +-3yrs)[/QUOTE]