Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How is life as a doctor in Singapore?
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2020, 07:23 PM
Unregistered

Smile FM/IM residency

Hi everyone, I’m a current HO, Irish grad, PEG holder. Going into my 6th month as HO.
I’m interested in applying for IM/FM residency next cycle. However I honestly don’t think I’m competitive enough for either at this point. I have managed to clear all my P1 assessments so far but they are touch and go. Not particularly outstanding. Still struggling to adapt to the local system a bit. My current boss has quite high expectations so I don’t think I were to get an outstanding review this month even if I were to pass.
Can I seek some advice as to tips to strengthen my application, impress bosses, mopex postings to choose etc so that I will have a decent shot at residency once it comes time to apply at the end of the year? This is my 2nd IM posting (They like to make IMGs do 2 IM postings) and I only have my GS HO posting left plus a 4 month interim mopex before applications open. Thinking of sitting MRCP part 1 in mid Sept but may be hard given that GS is my last posting and I’m currently planned to finish HO in early Sept. (assuming I clear all my P1 with nil issue).