Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 22-02-2020, 06:27 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I agree with u. however, young teachers are leaving constantly because of an ageing issue in the fraternity.

Many old teachers will never leave the service until retirement and the thing about this is that the young teachers will need to be (over)stretched to cover some of their duties. the number of young teachers entering is low now so those that were young are entering their 30s. many of them are now looking for career advancement or more time with their newly formed family. but many of the old teachers including SLs do not seem to understand that. as a result, they keep losing good teachers and subject heads becos many HODs and SLs are just looking after themselves first. I had one HOD who does not even strong subject mastery - I was like how on earth u get there? wayang probably.

if u meet a good RO, trust me they dun last very long - and side track - for some strange reason, the environment can make u very bitchy. dun join this line. low increment and politicking half the time. If u are not good, confirm sure get taken advantage of.
It could just be your school. I'm pretty sure different schools have different cultures. Good schools have very low turnover rate, regardless of old or young officers.