Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS , UOB , OCBC (A commoner climbing up the ranks)
View Single Post
Old 22-02-2020, 12:45 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
may i know starting entry level ops if i commit for about 2 years, what will be the exit opportunities?

i read wso, they keep saying no chance to move into mid and front office
Its very easy to move between back office and middle office, since both function are still ops. You don't expect to be drawing more salary because you are in middle office, because within a bank you'll see you still fall under operations, you are still a cost centre because you don't generate any income for the bank.

To move to front office from a back /mid office function is close to impossible unless you get a masters of cfa level 3. Because a good bank typically have interns coming in every year. These interns are from ivy league and some attain cfa level 3 the same year they graduate. Typical front office positions have few hundred of applicants for one opening and most are ivy league or local double degree first class. I'm in the front office and all my colleagues are from LSE, Cambridge,etc.