Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Civil/Public Sector - Ministry/Stat Boards employees knowledge needed!
View Single Post
Old 20-01-2020, 03:45 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, have any one working in public sector ever been "victimised" by your superior when he or she learnt that you are actively looking for a job elsewhere? I am currently working in a public agency and my Dept head seemed to be finding fault with me at every single opportunity possible. Other extra mile efforts beyond my immediate work responsibilities have often been either overlooked or dismissed as my deserved work.

This situation has happened ever since he learnt from HR (for cross reference checking on appropriate timing to release me) that another agency was offering me a position. At that point in time, I had only agreed for the other agency's hr to do a cross reference check with my hr. Subsequently after careful consideration, I turned down the other agency's offer as it was a contract job with no contract renewal for the position I had applied for.

Any kind advice to deal with this kind of situation would be appreciated. Thank you.
That's part and parcel of working life, esp for insecure bosses.