Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Engineer graduating soon
View Single Post
Old 31-05-2011, 01:27 PM
Unregistered

Ermm.. but 20% or less are Singaporeans. Many are PRs and many more are foreigners.
and this country didn't give me job, I seek for it. Singaporeans didn't give me job,
as the HR recruitment team are ALL non-Singaporeans, and the bosses (VPs & Ds)
I had interviewed with were NOT Singaporeans. So What's there to say about
"the hand that feeds you" as I'm doing everything to feed myself, I have my own loans to
finance.

...Gosh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yup narrow-minded asses who provided you a good job in spite of your terrible grades (in a nation supposedly so fixated on grades no less) and yet you couldn't help yourself but bite the hand that feeds you. Never mind you want to leave, that's your prerogative but to in the same stroke tarnish the people who gave you a chance, to elevate your own ego, just reeks of ungratefulness even if you had been privy to a number of incidents that you felt unjustly done by. What? Did someone physically assault you bcz you're not from around here? Killed/raped your relative/friend perhaps? Destroyed your property?

And yet, here I try to convince myself and others that the problem is not the people that we are welcoming into our country, just the policies that need to be called into question. Its loose statements like these that paint foreigners in a bad light, that make it difficult for neutrals to accept others like you. I really hope people take your opinions with a bag of salt. The sooner you leave the better.

To Starchild: I did information systems with minor in Economics. As i'm more inclined to
CCAs and part-time jobs, my grades weren't fantastic. But I'm good with what I do
and I leverage on the skills I have learnt and acquired to secure the job.

Cheers