Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - ST Electronics
Thread: ST Electronics
View Single Post
Old 16-12-2019, 11:46 PM
Unregistered369

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If the job is zoh boh and can moonlight then still ok.

If that 3k/4k+ is your only source of income then you will need to work till the cows come home to repay any future housing and car loans.
I am the original poster. my job is quite slack most of the time. My direct reporting boss have over 10+ people under him and i doubt he would even have the time check on everyone under him all the time. I am sometimes attached to certain projects but mostly manage my time and not work too hard(e.g at decent pace)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
are you sure? some of my colleagues only earned $30 increment. others have worked for 7 years, only on his 6th year then he manage to earn more than $100 increment.

ST is stable. but the pay and increment generally lose out compared to outside market.

btw this is for software engineer. other roles might be different
I have heard of people working at ST for like 2-3 years at E5 grading then leave to other jobs for another 2 years+ and come back to ST and get offered E6 with almost 5k salary under new scheme. Wondering if i should do that since it would be better than the measly $50 or $100 yearly increment. ST also gives good stability.