Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Queries about Cpib application
View Single Post
Old 16-12-2019, 12:05 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Overheard at the coffeeshop opposite after my interview that there have been alot of resignations in the recent months. Clearly something must be brewing if there are alot of people leaving from the iron rice bowl. Anyone has any insights?
i'll answer all your points...

- nowadays, successful new entrees into Civil Service (CS) are appointed on a 2-year contract. there's no job guarantee / safety that they'll be converted to a perm headcount after their contract or so-called probation ends

- if i'm not wrong, the entire CS is downsizing their manpower, which means that 1 person could be expected to do 2 or 3 ppl's jobscopes but earning 1 person's pay. in short, bao ka liao which rly isn't that attractive

- same as above, the recent bonuses of 0.1 also not say very attractive

- although they don't openly say it out, it's quite difficult to enter CS once u are near 40

- the waiting time to be called up for an interview is excruciatingly long at 8 weeks or more. furthermore, not all organisations update their rejection status to applicants. this isn't a recommended waiting game if u want to enter CS, but don't have enough savings to last while waiting for their phonecall / email