Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Civil Servant Year-End Bonus 2019
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2019, 12:53 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am extremely angry because they are taking the CS for granted. How many times since late last year they made us do extra, over and on top, work late and weekends to rush things for certain persons, and now treat us like we can "cope" with the low payout. As if we were one of the superscalers.

Many degree holders are earning $3-4+k with families to support and mortgages to pay. This, along with the way they made a spectacle of out teachers with the carpark debacle shows how they really regard us. We are taken for granted.

I have been voting for 1 party for my whole life and defending them no matter what others said. No longer. Nothing stings harder than this betrayal.
It is all about perpective. We are in a profession that is largely recession-proof. That itself is something to be thankful for. If you been through the 2009 recession, you would know that when the economy went up again, they gave the CS some extra for the "hardship" endured during the 2009 bonus cut. Take a lot term view, and it will balance out in the end. Even though there are a lot of OT in CS, I never have to worry about getting fired. For a family man with a mortgage, I am truely thankful for the stability. Remember the same cannot be said for people in the private sector.