Originally Posted by dissatisfied View Post
joined in Q1 2009, yeah i've traveled quite some bit after graduation
yr 1 (starting pay) - 43xx
yr 1 (prorated merit increment in apr 09) - 44xx
yr 2 (confirmation) - 46xx
yr 2 (merit increment + promotion in apr 10) - 50xx
yr 3 (merit increment in apr 11)- 54xx

am moving fast? <- don't feel it
am i satisfied with challenges? <- busy, but don't feel challenged in the way i would like to be

-a typical civil servant flipping through saturday's recruit religiously
you join in 1st quarter 2009, so i suppose you graduate in 2008 july. (in between you mention you went for traveling)

-what type of degree you got, engineering, business, ... and what class of honour? NTU/NUS/SMU??

-why your starting pay so high?, are you under economist scheme, engineering scheme, legal scheme, intelligence scheme or foreign affair scheme?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I feel that you are earning alot with just 3 years of exp, with around $5400/mth

Compare to me, NTU 2nd lower engineering, after 3+ years, with 1 promotion, now only getting mid-3k, and you are telling $5400 is so-so....

If you want a challenging job, join private sector, but note that, even if you are very capable and hardworking and efficient, the boss of the private sector will take you for granted, they may not give you a promotion after you have reach a certain years of exp. And promotion increment is merely 4%....

If I continue to work for my current engineering company for the next 10 years, I estimate that I will earn not more than $5200 (which is calculated base on my current pay, with 10 years of annual increment + 2 promotion increment). Do you see how pathetic it is??

I can't believe that someone can earn $5400 with just 3 years exp, while even if I work for a total of 13 years in my company, I can't even hit $5200!!!!!!