Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2019, 01:25 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I applied last Sunday and today when I checked the status is “unsuccessful”. This is really surprising to me as it’s only been 4 days since I applied. I wonder if it could be a mistake and if I should call to ask? My experience is exactly what they were asking for so I thought there would at least be an interview. Quite disappointed since I really was quite interested in the job scope. Sigh. Checked and the job opening is still there.

Any advice would be appreciated, many thanks.

Just to state some examples, if the requirements state that the applicants need to have x no. Of years of strong tietiary background in engineering or science field - the word to take note of is "strong", mostly mean that they want PhD holders. Another is you can go LinkedIn search the people from that particular agencies or department and you see their experiences and academics, these would be an indicator of what they are actually looking out for. Many times you will be shock that many doesnt have any relevant background/fielf but just so that they graduated from top uni.