Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2019, 01:13 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I applied last Sunday and today when I checked the status is “unsuccessful”. This is really surprising to me as it’s only been 4 days since I applied. I wonder if it could be a mistake and if I should call to ask? My experience is exactly what they were asking for so I thought there would at least be an interview. Quite disappointed since I really was quite interested in the job scope. Sigh. Checked and the job opening is still there.

Any advice would be appreciated, many thanks.
It usually won't be a mistake. This happened because they already have set some criteria which they will only choose from, those are hidden. Experience is one thing, academic and your previous jobs/titles are another. Hirers from govt agencies looks more than experiences, that's the ugly truth. Also, it is possible that the slot is actually reserved for their selected candidates which they would want them to follow the "correct" procedures to apply the job. I have seen such cases.