Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2019, 09:20 PM
Unregistered

Exactly right on the spot!

Stupidity is is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

You like to blame the current political party on whatever issue over and over again.

That reflect how stupid are you and expecting a different result if it is another political party.

Do you mean another political party can prevent DB from restructuring?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Guess who she voted for and who she will continue voting for?
Stupidity is is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

s://.businesstimes.com.sg/brunch/no-more-laughing-their-way-to-the-bank

SAT, OCT 12, 2019 - 5:50 AM

When Lim Cheng Kee, 49, was laid off from her risk and compliance job at Deutsche Bank in August 2018 after more than 10 years in the industry, it was a blow that she did not see coming. Hers was one of the more than 7,000 roles that the German lender had cut worldwide. "Hiring and firing seems quite common in the banking world but I just didn't expect it to happen to me so fast," she tells The Business Times. "I knew that roles like operations, back office and IT jobs are being outsourced to lower-cost countries, but I didn't think that risk and compliance would be on the chopping block."

She was part of the global team and looked after the Asia Pacific region, talking to internal stakeholders and conducting records risk assessments to evaluate if they meet regulatory requirements, as well as implementing a risk and compliance framework.

Describing her previous role as particularly niche, she believes that is partly why she has not managed to secure a job since then. It is not a case of being picky: "I am open to all industries and have applied for risk and compliance roles, including financial compliance," she says.

More than one year on, Ms Lim is still taking on temp jobs such as book keeping - she is a trained accountant - and being a receptionist to keep busy.