Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)
View Single Post
Old 23-09-2019, 01:01 PM
Unregistered

Worked as a DXO for awhile, so thought I’d share abit on the process. It took me about 6 months from my point of application to my first day of work. I guess this was considered quite fast with all the PT, interview, site preview, medical, clearance etc scheduled in between. how fast you get the job depends on how fast your hiring manager makes the decision and pushes for your application. Salary is generally a lot higher than what the other ministries/SB are paying. I graduated with just a part time pass degree and was earning a lot more than my peers with honors from local U in other companies. However, $ isn’t everything. The culture and work environment also pays a v impt role. You get to see a lot of incompetent people in the organization cus they don’t really fire people. You get to see all sorts of people in mindef, some are really nice and hardworking, but some can be really lazy and incompetent and they have been that way for many years and it can be hard to change that.

Eventually I made the decision to leave the organization after working for less than a year. Hope you guys find what you’re looking for in mindef.