Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Net worth? Mine is negative.
View Single Post
Old 20-05-2011, 09:13 AM

debt is on a distinguished road
Default Net worth? Mine is negative.

After reading the post by the many people here, I really feel ashamed of myself, but I am facing up to it.

My story :

Started work at 21 in a stat board since 15 years ago.
When I started out, I did not know how to manage my money, and end up in a debt trap with all the credit lines and cards.

Now, after struggling with the debts for 10years now, I am finally seeing light, as I am now able to clear them all by next year end.

Marriage, two kids, in-laws staying with us in our executive flat, and a car for the family prolonged my debt clearing misery. I did not want my wife to get involved in my debt, and I am doing everything on my own.

I did not go for credit counselling, clearing my debts in a determined and disciplined manner made me a better person. My IR8E said I earn slightly over 100k last year, and I need till Dec 2012 to clear my remaining 50k of debt.

I am a shame, and I deserve your mockery, but going through all these takes a fair bit of mental strength, 10 years at that.

I am envious of your net worth, I know I am lagging far behind, but I am surviving this ordeal, with a happy family behind me.