Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 16-09-2019, 10:00 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, I just completed my diploma recently. I am currently on NPL and will be returning to workforce soon. Been working with the ministry for 5years and I am under MX15 (monthly $2k). When I first joined the Ministry my highest qualification Higher Nitec. Since I have completed my dip, anyone knows will they revised my salary or no? Anyone from HR can advise on this. In dilemma. Should I stay (stability - perm staff) or look for better paying job if there is no revised in salary. TIA
a lot of factors to take into consideration:

1) did u take up the diploma on your own?
2) or were u sent by your ministry to take this diploma for further upgrading?

if 2), u can throw hints/be direct to your RO/boss and let him know that u have alr graduated n seek for promotion/higher pay.
NOTE N DISCLAIMER: not all M and SBs practice this. in fact, some of them even warn u beforehand on the bonded letter that nothing will happen to u even after graduation.

if your case is 1), im afraid that your organisation will only consider certs that are relevant to your industry. i know bcos i have seen ex-colleagues leaving after completing their degree n not getting rewarded at all.