Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much savings do you have?
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2019, 03:04 PM
Unregistered

Lightbulb

hi guys, trying to gain some insights here if possible.

I am a 30yo male, single, only child, supporting family in certain areas like paying for insurance, utilities, internet and telephone bills and toiletries / essentials, as both parents are blue collar workers and they don't have much savings for themselves.

Till date, I have approx $30k+ of savings. I know it pales in comparison to plenty of successful people here, but I am just trying to understand how I improve to grow my savings "quickly" in the next 1 to 2 years as I am looking forward to settling down and start family.

I am currently drawing about 4+ (gross), take home pay is approx mid 3k, and I save about 50% of it after expenses. Living expenses is high as I work in CBD area at Raffles Place and meals are really expensive.

Manage to save about $1.5k on average and $2k if I am stretching my dollar that month. Rest of the expenses are on food, transport, essentials, bills and also insurance.

Really hope to settle down soon, no intention to have a child yet but would like to have a place of my own... Probably won't be considering a traditional Chinese wedding banquet as it's really expensive, just want to do a simple church wedding and honeymoon trip.

Wedding itself will cost a "bomb" with proposal ring, wedding bands, traveling and photoshoot. Another problem to come along is the renovation and furniture cost.

Would like to seek for some guru advice .