Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How is life as a doctor in Singapore?
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2019, 10:02 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Requesting help from all seniors please. I am really keen and passionate about surgery but looking through this forum I am now disheartened and worried about the prospect of getting into the general surgery residency programme. I studied in the UK and have worked a year in the UK as an FY1. I will be extremely grateful if someone can advise me on whether I should go for surgery despite the bleak prospect of getting in, or is it time for me to think about other specialties such as internal medicine which is statistically easier to get into? Thank you very much
If you like surgery, just go do MO posting. MOPEX until you can recognised. Go take it mrcs. It will be a while before you can get into residency.

A surgical person is a surgical person. Cannot do medical one. Totally different. If a surgeon manage a medical ward, patients do. If a physician operate on a patient, patient die too.
Different skillsets and interest totally.

While I cannot guarantee u a surgery residency position immediately, nor can I guarantee you a consultant position when you exit Immediately.

Your life is definitely more meaningful if you do the posting u like.

Some might even the staff physician or resident physician scheme if no consultants post available, but your satisfaction of surgery will be there.