Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment
View Single Post
Old 30-08-2019, 03:49 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i'm the guy that posted this comment. I agree that in most other line of service like tax and audit .. the associates get some where between 3k to 3.5k (depending on whether they are first year or 2nd year) and probably 4.1-4.4k as a senior associate.

however, as someone else who has rightfully pointed out... don't be close minded. the consulting business runs separately from the other lines.. if you notice... each consulting practice is run differently as we are all separate legal entities in the Deloitte umbrella. Thus, we are governed and runned differently and we do not follow the same compensation structure as tax or audit. Infact, you may also notice slight discrepancies in salary and bonus payouts for each level between tax and audit.. don't believe, go ask around.. so if the pay structure for these lines are already differing.. what more about the consulting line especially when our margins are much higher and we have a lower headcount.

That said... you should not be surprised that there are others in my line getting more than me as a senior.. i heard of someone else drawing 9k as a consultant.
Don't joke around la. As someone who did time in Big 4 consulting, I can tell you there's no "special snowflake" hire who is getting higher pay than others of the same grade. At most, the partner will take you in at a few hundred dollars higher, but once you are promoted you join the same pay scale as others.

It wasn't too long ago that fresh hires to Big 4 don't even qualify for credit card.