Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision
View Single Post
Old 17-08-2019, 08:15 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello, can i check how long it took for you to get a verbal offer after the interview? I applied for a role in MOE HQ 3 weeks back, and checked with the HR last week and they said its still pending interview outcome.

My views on your situation:

You need to think about how hard it is to get a promotion. For the current ministry i am in, there needs to be at least 2 Bs in 3 years to qualify to be considered for a promotion. Whether you get the promotion or not, its another story (CEP, the kind of estab you are sitting on). Try to compare your current role package to the MOE package in the next few years.
Interview wise quite long i would say cause there are first interview and second with the school.. after abt a month after the first interview then comes the second interview.. then about a week later after the second interview the verbal offer comes in.. now waiting to sign agreement and medical next week.
I tried nego to be emplaced on the next rank so that wont hit ceiling so fast.. but they say cannot.. like all of u know its either u take it or leave it at CS.

I decided to accept the offer as my current job cannot confirm if there are increment every year, like this year totally no increment.. at least CS if i hit ceiling there are surely bonuses.. same as my previous work in CS i do note that promotion only can get if get back to back B grade for PB.. which means if im really lucky.. earliest is 3 years after service.. the boss seems nice.. i just hope for the best.. i will see situation there.. basically in my 2nd yr there if i never get B can start looking at other job liao.. haha