Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Anyone jobless for a long time before?
View Single Post
Old 16-08-2019, 08:18 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTKY View Post
Just to share this story of mine, which currently is still unfolding.

I left my last job in March 2019 and in my CV i did not indicate that i already left. The reason is i dont want companies to keep asking me why i left without a job. Based on my experiences, 99% of the company that is going to hire you will not call back to your "current" or previous company, especially so if you indicate that you are still working there.

In July i went to this aerospace company, got selected and they conducted a background screening, I did not know that companies in aerospace conduct such detail checks. Later did i know that it is due to the nature of the industry. After 3 weeks of checks on passport, education and employment, they discovered that i indicated i was still working in my ex company although i already left in March. And today, they asked me for reasons for this discrepancy ...
So why did you leave without a job ? Can share ? Toxic environment, bad boss, poor management of the office ?

I don't think there is any wrong in leaving without a job except that you have to face the consequences of financial woes if you are ill prepared. Sometimes the interviewer made me feel it is wrong to leave without a job but actually with or without a job, the interviewer will still find ways to grind you.

If you lose this job, don't bash yourself up. Don't blame yourself. Just learn from the setback. And keep moving forward.