Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 17-05-2011, 07:57 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Hi, to clarify, I'm not from HR but I've been in the service long enough (7 years work + 2 years NS) to be able to make some observations.

Based on what you have mentioned, you seem to be doing alright and fall within, or possibly slightly ahead of the time-norms. I don't see it as a rare feat since quite a number of my colleagues who are non-scholars reach mx11 around 5-6 years in service (including NS). I think CEP plays quite an important part in all these and the trajectory of someone with a CEP of mx9 (at least) should be something like that, plus minus 1-2 years.

The hipo programme comes with more work but they give you some allowance. My view is that it is meant to retain those who are not quite good enough to be on the Admin Service, including MAs who did not get absorbed. From what I've observed, there seems to be some CEP-age cut off, among other things, to qualify. My guess is at least high mx9 before age 30, and at least mx8 after age 30. I might be wrong of course. You don't apply to be on hipo. They will emplace you if you meet the criteria.

I have a friend who work in ministry, in her late 30's, she told me that she one of those more important personnel. I don't know what is her MX level. She told me that her boss/ministry in order to prevent these 'IMPT' people from leaving or to retain staff, the ministry is given her $10K bonus for every 3 months of bond to stay in ministry. So in 1 year, she takes a total of $40K bonded bonus, which is on top of the mid-year bonus, year-end bonus, 13th month bonus & PB in April !!! Is this really true?

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app