Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 31-07-2019, 09:36 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The accusation will not follow you on paper if you are cleared. However, the way things work in society is that it will follow your name informally for a while as long as there is a trail of people who have heard about it and know that it is you. If I were you, I would at the very least take some time away from schools, go to HQ or get a secondment somewhere. Let it blow over. It is a pity that in Singapore, investigations surrounding sexual misconduct tends to take the "guilty until proven innocent" approach. And suspending the duties of persons under investigation is just erring on the side of caution. Sorry to hear of your predicament.
I heard there used to be a male teacher who was cleared of similar charges a few years after said incident. At that time of the news, he was no longer a teacher. What I really felt was unjust was there were no further reports on whether there was an official apology from MOE, or some form of compensation for these accusations which ruined his career.

s://.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/ex-teacher-cleared-of-indecent-acts-with-teenage-boys