Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Pharmacy or Chemical Engineering
View Single Post
Old 23-07-2019, 07:29 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
can share with you about chem eng since im from it and pharm cause my friend was in it.
chem eng less than 5% is chemistry, mostly is physics and i wouldnt even say math. we learn things like fluid mechanics (how fluids behave in pipes etc, turbulent flow, laminar), heat transfer (different methods of how heat moves and how to calculate the amount of heat), distillation columns (how to design them to get a certain purity) i believe these are the main concepts

for pharm, ive seen my friend just memorise test after test and regurgitate. honestly, i would nv pick pharm over chem eng. you have so much more versatility. to do chem eng stuff (pharm, o/g, food, semi con) can even go out to banks and financial industry.

Those conceptual stuffs also covered in pharmacy... We dont only memorise tho we are needed to do so for.some of.mods and anyrelated to drug... Its quite a broad based course which means simply doesnt require just logical skills but also hardwork and good learning aptitude which is tough... And medicine/dentistry dont hv bell curve n dont.need do much chem as pharm.