Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 22-07-2019, 02:47 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The truth is that the criminal bar is looked down upon by most of the profession. I trained in a criminal practice and my god, the discrimination is real. Most lawyers who have options won't choose this path - it is a difficult one [no money, no reputation, kena bullied by your "learned friends"].

Anyway, maybe that will change considering everything that's being done to raise the profile of "community" lawyer-ing.

Glad to not be doing criminal work anymore.

Peaceout.
Most legal peers don't look down on criminal bar. They probably only look down on those shoddy lawyers that tend to permeate the criminal bar. The late Subhas wasn't looked down on and Sant Singh is quite feared among the AGC. As long as one is good in his/her profession, most lawyers won't look down on criminal lawyers. And those who look down on criminal lawyers purely because of the criminal 'stigma' are frankly ignorant and clients should reconsider another lawyer.

I am not in criminal work or family work, but I don't look down on those who are doing it. In the end, if they are good at their work, they deserve my respect.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app