Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay
View Single Post
Old 21-07-2019, 03:33 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
To put things into perspective, SIM graduates will lose out in terms of opportunities at the beginning. Opportunities include top management associate or graduate programs/front office investment banking jobs. Apart from these roles, companies may or not may not discriminate against SIM graduates in terms of salary or being shortlisted for interview.

Those opportunities only take in top percentage of each cohort. The majority of graduates will start off at executive fresh grads job in private or government sector.

The best advice I can give to SIM graduates is to accept the reality of life and not to keep justifying that you all are better than local uni graduates in terms of other areas.

That said, every graduate (regardless private or local uni) should strive to excel in your career path. Having a good boss/mentor and company at the early stage of your career do help. As you progress in your career, many factors come into place in terms of promotion. Your priorites may change as you are more experienced. Just be the best of yourself.
I agree. I went to local u, my jc classmates that have lousier results coz they played too much went to sim.

Ten years later, the outcome and earning potential is the same.