Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 19-07-2019, 10:19 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivy lawyer View Post
if you look through the whole thread, there are many people who say the same things as me.

what law school are you from?
This poor fail troll living in his/her make-belief world. If the Chinatown level use of language isn't enough of a giveaway:

Quote:
I have long graduated from yale law school in the us. now practising in HK. i will be applying for exemption in SG soon.
Quote:
Salary from Highest to Lowest :-
New York > London > Hong Kong > Singapore

If you look at the websites of the Big 4 of SG, they are mostly staffed with lawyers from NUS. Whereas the "real" Big firms in NY, LN, HK is staffed with people from oxbridge and ivy league, so you are not really comparing apple with apple. I think it is difficult for an NUS lawyer to get employment in NY and LN, maybe HK is the easiest option if they are thinking of getting out of SG. But it is not easy, <strong>they have HKU Law over there and they </strong> are more familiar with the local law.
Quote:
HK international law firm, sidley austin is paying hkd60,000 for fresh pcll grads (eqv. to <strong>our part B bar course</strong>) with zero experience. that is about sgd10k for fresh grads
Go figure.