Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Anyone jobless for a long time before?
View Single Post
Old 16-07-2019, 03:48 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I think the earlier guy who commented on your 3 huge employment gaps is to referring to perhaps you yourself may be the toxic source. Ask yourself why do you keep changing jobs? I have seen colleagues who said other colleagues are toxic are in fact more toxic themselves and is usually the toxic originator. Certainly, a person who has frequent job change does not reflect well on himself or herself.
I'm the original poster.

Like i said, i am in a very niche market which is not like anything you will ever thought of and the nature of the industry has very high turn over (2 weeks turnover in an institution). Secondly, the type of people who works in an industry often has the same certain traits. I will stop here on this.

I did reflect hard - if i was the toxic source. Fortunately, not. For the first employment gap i left because of my own personal issue, i was in my early twenties and had some relationship issue that affected my work which i decided it was better and fairer for the company and myself that i leave. This is very common for young people being inexperienced in relationship stuff.

I wouldn't divulge more on the circumstances that made me leave the other two jobs. If i were to i'm sure you will be surprised. Both times i left with long stayers colleagues. We reflected on the source of the issue and it was un-fixable. For example, due to one single person that has caused repeated employee leaving that position as this person were just unbearable. From the job advertisement for that position still around 1 year after i left, it just shows the problem has been there and will still be there in future. Until the management sort out this person. I certainly don't think i am the toxic if 3-4 person on my position previously left for the same reason, and they are still trying to hire a poor soul (whoever it'd be) up until today to fill the position. When i was on the job many long term staff of the company came telling me how i was able to tahan that long into the job and how the previous girl went crying to them regarding the same issue.

We are all seasoned employees here. We know how messy an office circumstances can be.

I'm trying to say, it is easy for others not knowing the whole story to judge just by the employment gap - like i said, in the perfect world and perfect resume we have no gaps and stays on for at least 5 years on each job - but the world has changed and many HR (told me) they expected this and this is the trend now. We are no longer in the generation where people stay 5 to 10 years on a job.

Well i guess after so much what i've learn is looking for a job, staying on a job can be a big mess. Perfect resumes and experience don't really exists (lucky for you if you do).