Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Anyone jobless for a long time before?
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2019, 08:55 PM
Verified Member

dexazh1989 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I guess when you have backup plans, it'll put a huge load of stress off your mind. For myself I know I can return to my previous jobs easily so that helped. But because I didn't want, I need to make sure I find a new job before I'm left with no choice.

I'm a self-employed agent now. I only stopped generating active income but I have not officially left my job title so it's not detrimental to my resume yet such as having a gap. But still, give yourself a deadline based on how much your savings can last. You shouldn't be wondering how long this will go on because that statement is very depressive and will only make you emotionally down. I gave myself until August so at least I know I have a "goal" to run.

There was two weeks in June that was very dry without any calls but only online rejections despite active applying and I was very stressed out. I started reflecting why wasn't I getting any interviews so I revamped my resume and added in valuable skills to improve my chances and readjusted my expectations.

Also look for alternatives and open up to other industries. I actually applied to four different industries even though I have a preferred industry. But guess what, two of the offers actually consist of some ad hoc duties that are in my preferred job functions. You still gain experience that way. Moreover when you constantly have interview opportunities, you won't feel so empty and stressed daily because you know you have something to fall back on.

All the best bro!
thanks for the encouragement.. unfortunately i do not have any backups to fall on, only savings. been constantly upgrading (attending course, seeking career coach) for the past 2 months and still no luck.. industries wise not really pick as I am from finance/accounts background, just hard to find a job that i can forsee myself staying for the long term