Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Anyone jobless for a long time before?
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2019, 10:11 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Mid 30s, currently jobless since March.

I was in a job for 1.5 years that went sour quickly in the last few months before i left. Even thou the other colleagues, salary and company were generally OK... the immediate circumstances i was in made leaving the only choice. That's all i'll reveal as there's no point in digging up past wrongdoings even if i'm not the one responsible for it.

I was lucky, or so it seem to have a referral from an ex-staff of another company in the same sector. Managed to ace the interview right away and contract signed right after i tender. I ended my 1.5 year job in Feb and started the new one right away. But life always has a way of turning out... not to my wildest imagination the new job which has a better pay and supposedly a better port-folio turned out to a mismatch in which i went through one of the most emotionally taunting period of my life. Once again, there's no point in digging up the past and that I've tried my best and understood that people, especially in the working world aren't always nice. I left the new job just 1 month within the probation period. I'm glad i didn't waste more time between myself and the company if it weren't a match.

I took around 1 to 1.5 months to get myself back together from the emotionally drained taunting last 2 jobs. It is until the stage where i told myself "**** it, i'll rather be jobless than this" when i see myself so stressed out that i could hardly breathe sometimes.

Had a couple of job opening for me in the first few months but i rejected them as i wasn't ready. I officially started applying for jobs mid May. Until now there was only 1 interview which i had to turn down due to a criteria that was a no-go for me. One other phone interests which turned silent after.

A couple of seemingly interested ones but so far no calls.

I've had jobless gaps before in the past (a 4 month and a 7 month). So far it has been 3.5 month but things feel abit different... i'm keeping my fingers crossed.

One thing I've learnt is when things get going well... please save enough money and possibly, open another source of income for ourselves. Working world is full of unpredictable that it'd be silly to even trying to think about it. Sometimes we can do all the things right and blend in well with everyone but still get singled out to leave. Sometimes we can hit the KPIs and still get retrenched. The best we could do is to save up for rainy days.

Hope everyone whose finding a job too hear good luck calling upon them soon.
No much details were shared for your last 2 jobs, but I do believe it takes 2 hands to clap. Mid 30s with 3 huge unemployment gaps is unheard of in my social circles.