Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 25-06-2019, 10:04 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,

I have been informed by my supervisor that I won't be promoted this year. Another colleague (same grade as me) would be promoted instead, as she needs the rank to have more authority leading her team which she has unofficially been leading for a while. She was promoted in 2017, got a C+ that year and B+ in 2018, while I got B in both years (even though I joined I 2017 and ought to get default grade of C). She has been with the organisation for 5 years, while I have been there for only 2. Notwithstanding this, I am still peeved that I am not promoted as it now means that I have hit my salary cap as Mx11.

My supervisor said that my Cep is high and I just need to further develop leadership skills. Dunno to believe him or not, haha. But is it possible that I can still be promoted despite hitting my grade's salary cap? Is it a norm to have to get more than 2 Bs to be promoted? I am just wondering if I have been unfairly treated.
why hitting salary cap cannot be promoted? don dishearted, i assumed she is in MX11 to 5 years? if following time norm, she would had been promoted before u.
u r only in your second year, most pro will be promoted next year, else it time to go since hitting ceiling.... also think on a bright side, a MX11 ceiling of $7119 + at least a 10% promotion increment will give u ~$7830 or a $712 increment which is better isnt it?