Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 21-06-2019, 05:58 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
A suggestion for you..
a) Talk to your RO about why you can stay back often. Eg.. you have children to take care or elderly parents.. explain the rationale and tell them that you will still complete all your task.

b) With regards to committee... you may want to propose some committees that you have expertise on.. eg if you are good in IT.. you can consider Timetabling/Exam.. if you have experience in publications... school publication committee... some committees spend less time meeting in school and more time on independent work.

c) Having said that, I have to agree with most people that it is going to be difficult for you to leave very early every day...because of the nature of our work... chances are ... you can target to leave at 2.30pm at least once a week and by 5pm for most days...

For me..personally, I end up staying back until 6.30pm everyday..... but this means, i do minimal work at home...

But if you are a new entrant to the teaching fraternity, take a challenge... dont worry about the event success/failure.... it is always a good experience that you will appreciate later on..

do take care...
As long u plan your materials in advance, get them sorted out during the hols... should not be an issue to leave on the dot. I'm never late for submissions and all. Apart from meeting day and cca days or remedial days.. I'm off usually at 3pm. If remedial then 4pm.

On avg... it's about 1 day 6pm for cca.. 1 day 5pm and 2 days about 4pm.

The odd day is 3pm. If no cca... fri 12.30pm I'm out of sch.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app