View Single Post
Old 10-06-2019, 03:32 PM
Unregistered

Smile No worries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a Geo 2 currently.
I entered the force in 2015 June.
However, in 2017 (still a BT then, third year by right), I got a C-.
In 2018, I got C+ for PB.
Can I know if I will get the news for promotion in 2019?

Someone told me my C- will delay by 3 years means in 2021 will I get the news for promotion and be promoted. Is that true? I was still a BT then and was never promoted before.... Will it affect me so badly? I am going into my 5Th year in 2020. I really don't wish to get the news in 2021. Any way will I be able to quicken my promotion if it will really have to delay by 3 years?
Delay by 3 years only happened to those who get D in ranking, for your case, nothing to worry about, promotion in grade mostly decided by HQ side, All ROs will recommend their officers for promotion, only those who are strongly recommended and consistent in performance will promote faster. By 5th year you should be promoted if you are a female teacher, while male who had served NS will promote in 3rd year of service, mid career officers will get 1st promotion within 2 years of service, you should get your 1st promotion in grade by 5th year, worse case scenario is when there are many officers perform better than you, then you will be promoted in October instead of April.

Your Ro or SL cannot give a definite answer as promotion in grade as it is determined by HQ. As long as you don't get D grade and have normal CEP (potential). There is no reason that HQ will delay your promotion.