Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Anyone jobless for a long time before?
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2019, 11:30 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakemiShino View Post
pay per hour per day is what I was thinking.
meaning something like this. part ime
4 hours min. 6 to 7 days a week.
1 hour 5-8 dollars.

at the end of every day take home that 20 or 32 dollars instead of waiting for it to accumalate at the end of the month.

Then again I know that I am probably dreaming cause I know that there is no such thing unless I am wrong hehe
ya there isn’t many jobs out there that pays daily. so have to rework your expectations a little. it’s about finding that balance between what you can bear with and what is available in the market for your situation now. something is always better than nothing. rather than having months pass you by without a job, at least you can look forward to the payday instead. even if you have to spend the first month forking out money for all your expenses. even if it’s just a small amount, it’s your effort to stay employed and trust me, it pays off. I have been through that phase before, i’ve proudly acknowledged having done temp or contract work before (that pay peanuts, just enough for me to cover my monthly expenses eg. transport expenses to work, meal expenses because of the work location) during interviews and I can see that my interviewers appreciated my effort and they gave me a chance. i am sure that will ease the pressure from family/friends as well, especially those who constantly ask about your employment status.

as many before me have said, don’t give up. never give up. if you don’t do it for anyone, do it for yourself.