Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Advice: new job don't turn out as expected
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2019, 12:07 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Your reporting officer or colleagues in the same dept able to teach you?

I have work in a few jobs and regardless of whether it is a job which I have experience in already, I still have ppl to guide me in at least the first week of work.
Exactly! I thought even with experience, the operations from one company differ from another, some form of on job training will be necessary. And now I have to even prepare for follow up presentation on a presentation that I have never attended.

Anyway, no one can help, as it is a newly setup unit, the work information was all over the place either some in scattered written form, some inside the heads of people, or some floating in the air as verbal bubbles (that is, no records).

I don't know if I am being unreasonable or is because I have not seen the world enough. I was just expecting for at least a proper on job training for proper handover and job takeon. Am I expecting too much? Or is it not uncommon for company to be like this, as in "expect you to know the work withour training"?