Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Advice: new job don't turn out as expected
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2019, 01:55 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Same person as the original poster....

Mentioning about the "gap" in original expextation for the role versa the actual, did anyone encountered situations that no training was given at all, and you are immediately thrown into the job and expected to reply questions for the job?

Like what I have mentioned in my original post, I have made it explicitly clear in both verbal and written format about my complete lack of experience in a particular skillset and did highlighted my request during interview on the availability of on job training to get familiar with the process of the organisation and the tools used... Unfortunately none of that was provided.
This is getting abit crazy as I am now expected to answer questions on job even though I am completely clueless about the process and tools.

By the way, responding to some of the earlier replies, no this is not my first job, have been in the workforce for many years. But this is the first time I have encountered such a "messed up" newcomer's on boarding.

In short, I just felt they have hired the wrong person (probably because they couldn't find anyone).
Your reporting officer or colleagues in the same dept able to teach you?

I have work in a few jobs and regardless of whether it is a job which I have experience in already, I still have ppl to guide me in at least the first week of work.