Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Local employers' perception of Australian uni grads
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2011, 09:40 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by amateurgrad View Post
Thanks! You sound like you do have hell lotsa fun there.

Which course did you do back then?

Indeed I had!

I did both my Bachelor of Science and Master of Management at UMelb. I have friend's who are studying at SMU, and realise they are missing out alot on the quality of life as being a student. Everyday, they are filled with projects projects and projects. It made me realise that how lucky I was to be able to appreciate the quality of life in my uni days. It's like you go to uni for 2-3 hours a day and if you are lucky enough, you might only have 3 days of school. The only time you will be worried/stress is when exams or assignments are due (haha!). Apart from that, most of your time are spend with friends, lazing around at home, chilling at the cafe and travelling.

Over the weekends, you can hop onto Jetstar or Virgin Blue, and realise you are in Sydney (which is another beautiful state especially if you prefer city life).

You will be amazed with the number of Asians there (esp in UMelb and Monash), so don't worry about that! Plus, you will meet people from all over the world and seeing how rich those PRC are (compared to the ones we see in Sg) and how they spent their money.

So, I would highly recommend you to go overseas if you have the opportunity. Not only to see the world, but also experience things which you can never experience in Singapore.

Best of luck!