Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Need career advice : quit 9 month job
View Single Post
Old 22-05-2019, 12:23 PM
Unregistered

I agree with the last 2 pointers.

Before you quit your job, take a deeper look into yourself and ensure it is not your character flaw. I faced the same situation as you, but I took it as a challenge to make the person like me or at least improve the situation. I still have occasional anxiety attacks and dreading Sunday, but I proved to myself I am in-charge of the situation.

An advice was given to me, which I felt was very wise. Don't change job to escape from something, change job because you are genuinely interested the new job. Else, you will not be able to escape the 'dreading' feeling.

Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My 2 cents worth.

1) Quit your job, but not before securing another job. To those who say there will always be such people regardless of where you are, the opposite is true: you may also find a job devoid of such people

2) Scrutinize yourself: what made your colleague to be so "mean" to you in the first place? It takes 2 hands to clap, there must be something that you did (whether knowingly or otherwise), that offended him/her. Else you may be just too sensitive.

3) It's not difficult to account for changing jobs after 9 months, even as a fresh grad. In fact, its easier to justify because you are a fresh grad: one example would be "I am clearer on what I want after my first job experience, therefore I am taking control to quit and join xxx to do xxx". There's always 2 sides to a coin, it depends on which side are you preaching.

Good luck, and update us.