Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 22-05-2019, 12:11 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Thank you so much! Has anyone try to negotiate with HR on the salary? What are some of the key factors that will be taken into consideration for a successful negotiation?
Of course, i think they would also take your current salary into account. So maybe move it from there when they offer you something.

I think the most important is the type of roles, perhaps, a more senior role has a higher band and this bigger room for negotiation? I think most department has a budget, so i think let the HR know realistically what you are looking at, and i don’t think they would lowball you if you made that clear to the HR, even if they do, ask again before you reject. I advise you to convince the panel on what you can bring to the table, so it should make things easier when they consider your salary!

Again, consider that you should go further in the long run though. For example, they usually do not pay masters unless the job specifically ask for a Masters degree. But in the long run, you have a better progression per se, but maybe the initial salary may not be as high as what you’re expecting.

Lastly? Consider annual package too - on average you will see 16-17x for an annual package.

These are just my opinions and may not be true or correct from a HR standpoint! Hope it gives you some food for thoughts! All the best