Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 18-05-2019, 03:17 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi. This is the jaded KP earlier.

In the system for 15 years. I have 1 C, 2 C+, 1A, 11 Bs, throughout my span of career. The C was in my BT year. It was the default grade. So those KPs telling you that 'Oh you are just promoted, so you will get default C for this year ranking'. It is NOT true. During those years when I was just promoted, I never got a default C. I got Bs. Even in HQ when I received my SEO, I was given a C+. So yes, CEP is important and thats why during KP ranking at cluster, some Ps will fight tooth and nail for their KPs.

Sometimes, I feel that my CEP is my bane. It opens up opportunities which others do not have. But its a vicious cycle. More responsibilities = more work and if work is good = more responsibilities. And yet, I will never be promoted further because I am not scholar.

Not just your cep. You are a SEO, and you will need to take on the responsibilities to meet your KRA. Did your SLs tell you explicitly that you are no longer in the runway for VP?

If you are really jaded, then giving up the title and going back to geo5 might be a way out, provided that you are willing to take a paycut and bear with all the questioning.

Sometimes, being too long in the service made you forget why you wanted to teach in the first place. My advice is, don't be a headless housefly. Know what to take up and speak with your RO.