Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 18-05-2019, 12:58 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Actually, I was lucky to have a boss who saw the potential in me and gave me alot of opportunities. I went from a normal EO to a HOD straight. I wasnt a coordinator, LH or SH in between. After HQ, I went to another school. He checks on me often if I am alright. I told him that I am considering changing schools when my 3 years in my current school is up, he told me he will ask around, just let him know when to ask around. For my ex-boss, when he says he will help, he will really help. For that, I am grateful to him.

To answer your question on CEP and performance, I would say they are related. For normal EOs, you need to have good performance before your boss decides to raise your CEP (Otherwise its at default GEO5). There is no fixed formula. For some schools, its the RO who suggests the raise in CEP. For some schools, its the SLs. For some schools, it needs to be cleared by the panel. For some schools, the P has the final say. All schools work differently but someone needs to trigger the discussion to raise your CEP.

If you are a scholar, your CEP will be different. For some scholars (not those normal teaching scholarships), their CEP would be that of Supts which is pre-assigned by MOE, unless the school deems otherwise.

Hope this helps.

Jaded KP
Super good bosses you have. Mine cant even less by example. Cant even answer your doubts and all.. sigh...