Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Local employers' perception of Australian uni grads
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 12:23 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Saw PM on Facebook with some comments on Foreign Talent/Foreign Trash.

Where are all these jobs that are being given out to Foreigners? I know a friend who's been trying to find a job for 6 months but to no avail, having applied for everything from Managers to lowly paid workers.

How are Singaporeans losing out to foreigners when every single job application is SG/PR only? There's something missing regarding hatred of foreign workers.

That is why Australia uni or not, Singaporeans will always get the jobs even when it is not economical or logical to do so, but yet, they complain and moan moan moan. I would love if Malaysia opened up a Special Region, under it's own governance which allowed MNCs to invest and made the area as safe as Singapore to attract all foreign talents, then Singapore will see the benefits on having FTs..
The problem here is simple. The government has been handing out PR's and citizenships without adhering to any strict guidelines in order to boost the population. The govt justifies their actions as necessary as the birthrate in sg is far too low. I believe singaporeans are not against FT. But rather the issue is whether these FT's are indeed adding value to our society. For example, the amount of mainland chinese cooking in our kopitiams is astounding and what is more amazing is that most have PR's or even citizenship and the media have reported that many intend to return to their homeland when they have enough money to retire. Do we really need them, when these jobs could have been taken up by singaporeans? Contrast this to workers party taiwanese born corporate lawyer chen show mao. It is clear he adds value to singapore through his credentials and look at how receptive the public has been to him.