Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Anyone jobless for a long time before?
View Single Post
Old 16-05-2019, 05:07 PM

TakemiShino is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Do you have any network that can help? It is indeed quite a harsh world out there. Network does help. If you have peers working elsewhere, get their help to recommend you. In worse time, you may even need to go through friend of friends. I have also been out of job for quite a long time. Trust me, I understand the pain, the disappointment and the anxiety. In the end, I have to put my pride down, ask around from friends and friends' friends for help, and accept job which may not fit my wishlist in terms of remuneration, roles, part time, contract, etc.

Unless you can afford to wait till the market recovers, but honestly, done of us can we predict the future (who knows when it will recover). Especially for us who are older, each day passed, means a day we are less "valuable" to the workforce. It is natural that organisations want young, cheap and can learn fast people. With the industries changing so fast, even our past experiences (no matter how impressive it is) will soon become obsolete someday.

I am not going to say "beautiful words" like "don't give up. you will find your dream job one day", because I have been through equally dark periods of unemployment and I knew such "beautiful inspiration words" do little to help with the disappointment and despair we are feeling. All I can say, please stay strong. It is an emotional roller coaster, but no matter what, please stay strong.

Do you have any network that can help? --- > Not that I know of unless you count the gaming community zzzz

you have peers working elsewhere --- > zero here

you may even need to go through friend of friends ---- > Zero unless facebook friends count

Unless you can afford to wait till the market recovers ---> reserves funds run dry in a few days

It is natural that organisations want young, cheap and can learn fast people. ---> is 32 young ??

at the age of 32, not much I can do at the moment

Last edited by TakemiShino; 16-05-2019 at 05:11 PM.