Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Need career advice : quit 9 month job
View Single Post
Old 16-05-2019, 04:23 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by voskesbun View Post
Thanks for your reply. Believe me, I am painfully aware that given my circumstances I may be better off than tons of people. People who don't have a job, shitty pay, physically demanding job etc. That's partly why I have been also feeling like an incompetent loser, because I am letting this one person get to me. Every time something happen and cock up, I always feel like it's my fault.

To the other poster, unfortunately aside from this toxic colleague, there is no one else in this role. I am unable to seek help or coaching regarding my work from anyone else. The best analogy I can think of is like if your teacher don't want to teach you properly, or purposely teach wrong thing and when you mess up/make mistake, then talk bad about you to everyone else to make you look bad. That's partly why I have been feeling so helpless and trapped
My 2 cents worth.

1) Quit your job, but not before securing another job. To those who say there will always be such people regardless of where you are, the opposite is true: you may also find a job devoid of such people

2) Scrutinize yourself: what made your colleague to be so "mean" to you in the first place? It takes 2 hands to clap, there must be something that you did (whether knowingly or otherwise), that offended him/her. Else you may be just too sensitive.

3) It's not difficult to account for changing jobs after 9 months, even as a fresh grad. In fact, its easier to justify because you are a fresh grad: one example would be "I am clearer on what I want after my first job experience, therefore I am taking control to quit and join xxx to do xxx". There's always 2 sides to a coin, it depends on which side are you preaching.

Good luck, and update us.