Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2019, 01:15 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I chanced upon this forum and just wanted to rant. Had been a few lousy weeks in school

I joined teaching in 2004. Currently, I am a SEO for the third year. Out of my whole career, I got C+ twice when I got posted to HQ I am not a scholar but I would assume my CEP is relatively high. My P did not tell me my CEP but he did share that my CEP was the highest among all KP in the cluster (CEP of cluster is decided at the cluster level).

For those of you who are keen to pursue the leadership track, you need to have the stamina. Honestly, right now, I feel jaded because I know I will remain a KP till I retire. Work only increases. I kinda envy the GEO 5 teachers who have less responsibilities and get to go home early. My average working hours are at least 12 hours on weekdays. Most times, I need to bring work home. My current school gives me alot of responsibilities because backend SLs would know my CEP which I assume would be higher than the rest of the KPs in my current school as well. I have an advantage as well because I am a HOD and there are a number of the SHs in my school who are also SEO1. So in a way, my ranking will be on top of them due to the nature of my work. But alot of times, its just the able and willing who gets more work. The additional bonus I get from my Bs does not make me happy.

The whole promotion pathways are now stuck as there are too few vacancies and if there are, they are usually reserved for scholars. So those who are not scholars will hardly stand a chance. For those of you who have seen the list of Ps which usually comes out when P rotates schools, there are only 3 VPs who got promoted to become P. So progression for VPs are also slower.

And I would also like to share for two officers producing the same quality of work, the one with the higher CEP will be ranked above so that his promotion will be faster so that you can reach your CEP when you retire (better grade = better performance). So yes, CEP quickens your promotion and at the same time, gives you an edge for your ranking.
This really sucks... but to "hang" and not promote at geo 3 despite not committing any offences and having my hod saying I'm doing well and good. But all I get is a C cos of cep...it sucks... it reeks of unfair remuneration..

Btw...do HOds know their jobholders cep?