Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Need career advice : quit 9 month job
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2019, 07:21 AM

voskesbun is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Having work in civil sector before, I do not think you are able to suka suka apply for transfer.

I think your mom is right. There are such ppl like him around in every company. You can run but you can't hide. What if next job you meet such colleague again? Are you going to quit again?

Since you are consider a fresh graduate I think you are quite fortunate to get into civil sector whereas other grads might still be looking for jobs.

I think you should try to face your fears to be honest.

Just a question though, is it a Male or female colleague? Because you mention "him" and "she" in your post.
Thanks for your reply. Believe me, I am painfully aware that given my circumstances I may be better off than tons of people. People who don't have a job, shitty pay, physically demanding job etc. That's partly why I have been also feeling like an incompetent loser, because I am letting this one person get to me. Every time something happen and cock up, I always feel like it's my fault.

To the other poster, unfortunately aside from this toxic colleague, there is no one else in this role. I am unable to seek help or coaching regarding my work from anyone else. The best analogy I can think of is like if your teacher don't want to teach you properly, or purposely teach wrong thing and when you mess up/make mistake, then talk bad about you to everyone else to make you look bad. That's partly why I have been feeling so helpless and trapped