Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2019, 04:21 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
All UOL SIM graduates should do well to remember this - you guys are the worst of the lot.

Because there isn't any type of QC before accepting students into SIMGE.

Not just UOL of course.

Trust me, I've met my share of UOL people and none of them are capable to engage in intelligent conversation.

It also scares me that GE is so accepting of such low quality students in the first place, adding to the glut of uni students in Singapore.

The reason why degrees are seen as diluted in Singapore is because of distance learning degrees conferred here. Government should close all PEIs down. We need our blue collar workers as well!
I have to disagree with your generalization of the entire SIM cohort, I am personally am from SIM-RMIT distance learning program which to your point are overseas degrees that are being converted locally. As much as i would say that a huge majority of the people in SIM distance learning program are there to pass time, there’s also a portion of students from local universities who do not keep abreast of current affairs and generally disinterested/unable to handle your so called “intelligent conversations”. Not trying to bash Monica Baey, but she’s a splendid example of your so called “local U prestige student” who doesn’t seem capable of handling a intelligent conversation. (Basing it on her video interview which may not be fully accurate since i do not know her personally either, but the way she handled the issue and the breaching of the doxxing law says a lot about her).