Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2019, 10:59 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
In the new school, you will need at least 2 years for the school to observe you before they will recommend a change in CEP. Unless you really shine..... then possible in the first year.

I would think talking to your RO to know your strength and area for improvement. Show your willingness to take on projects to lead at level, and be part of a school based project. Those are traits of a GEO 4 officer.

Have a male colleague got GEO 4 just this year. Entered service in 2013. And he has received some Bs..
Maybe can consider that when going for mid year review. Every year my RO say doing a good job and doing well... then when PB grading out is a C. Then when I asked her this year during March for like a pre mid year review, she said she also don’t know about CEP. Just give examples of how some people take so long to promote. Everything also don’t know. Then we have a SH and a HOD who only manage to teach 5.5 to 6 chapters out of the 16 chapters in the textbook for Amath in Sec 3 and was promoted to SEO1. Really rubbish.

Sigh.... It’s not like I messed up any assignment given and I always complete my tasks ahead of time and all. Been level coordinator and all also....

Then when all officiers have to meet P for 1 on 1 session to air out concerns, I asked P, P just say time factor. Just say C is a good grade. If i messed up, I would have already been made known and will affect the PB and Performance grading.

That’s why I feel maybe my CEP is Super shitty and they don’t wanna say. Maybe when determining the CEP, they look at also your overall academic results from all the schools you went to before, after all they are MOE and have access to all your data.