Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Anyone jobless for a long time before?
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2019, 07:42 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective Couch Potato View Post
Are you sure your references are good?

As in, assuming you got no dirt on you, are those references trustworthy? Some people may not actually give a good referal because they may not really like you behind your back or if you did not tell them beforehand that you are giving their contact numbers for reference.

Also, why can't you scan your certs in? You have the physical certs, right? So, it should just be a matter of getting a scanner or going to a library/shop to scan in. You only need to do that once and you never eed to do it again in your lifetime unless you delete the scanned document from your computer.

By screenshot, I assume you took a photo of the cert? Not a big issue but it's like those people who use selfie photos on the resume because they don't want to take a passport photo. Not a big issue imo but to some, it's unprofessional.

Also, do you have any dirt on you? Just asking because it's a bit weird for 2 companies that like you enough to give interviews and verbal confirmation to suddenly change their tune. In other words, (not saying you have them but) do you have a black record (eg. when to jail, bankruptcy, etc), lied about past employment history (eg. fired but say is left on own accord or other reasons) or have fake documents (eg. fake education certs or work certs).

No offense to you in any way but just brainstorming so you can try to figure out where you might have fallen short. In any case, no companies have time and money to play pranks on a random applicant by spending wages/time on fake interviews, emails or background checks for fun. Some may do a few interviews for quota but they usually end with "thanks for your time. please wait for our call/mail if you are selected." instead of a verbal confirmation.

Of course, we also can't rule out that you are just seriously unlucky and there happens to be a hiring freeze for company B or something. I think company A is not a loss yet and you can always contact them to see if they got your certs. The email could be buried or lost.
I am the original poster. Yes, I feel very very offended by your post. Those things that you 'just guessing' about me having dirt is just plain unfair to me. The first question you asked whether I am sure the references are good is really biased.

I have been through interviews and can always be sure whether the outcome is favourable or not. Usually companies will tell me they will inform me after one week to which I am sure the chance of getting hired is low and that I will move on without waiting for them. But this time round, it is the first time I am experiencing.

You did not experience this because you are younger than me, am I right?

If that is so, I will stop short here.

Age discrimination is real.