Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Anyone jobless for a long time before?
View Single Post
Old 25-04-2019, 07:58 PM
Verified Member

JobHunter45 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Today marks one year since my final year exams ended last year. Still unable to grasp a perm job. Not sure what to feel as now, I have to compete with my friends and 'fresher' graduates graduating this year...

Anyone can suggest how/where to apply for jobs properly? Not sure if I am doing something wrong.

CareerGov totally rejects all my application probably due to bad grades. JobStreet mostly agents will call but nothing fruitful so far. My applications seem to go through a blackhole.
For applications directly to companies I want, I edit my resume according to JD but not much to amend anw since my job exp is almost negligible.
What is worst is that recent job postings is mostly for Manager/Director/Senior positions. Entry level is for diploma and below.
What happened to the degree entry level positions man?

Am I suppose to take extra certs or something? Currently my contract job is ending in 2 months, and the company is unable to open headcount too...Time is ticking away too fast.
sorry to hear of your situation..I can feel your despair! sadly this is getting a bit too common. I know of at least 2 other friends in similar positions (graduated from NUS last year, still haven't found a perm job or even a more "stable" contract job). Have you tried free career counselling with Workforce Singapore? I went to them after a fruitless job hunt. They helped me edit my resume and did mock interview sessions with me. I managed to get a job after that. Hope things work out for you!